Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Acer Aspire 5732z Touchpad Not Working

Problem:  

A friend asked me for help.
Acer Touchpad suddenly stopped working.  Tried Fn+F7 as suggested, not working.  Tried uninstalling/reinstalling driver, not working.

Solution: 

On the left of the power button (where you turn your laptop on and off), there is a little button.  It's the on/off button for the touchpad.  Make sure that it's on.  Simple as that.  Took me a while to figure that out.  Since it wasn't my laptop, I didn't know all of its functions.  Hope this helps someone someday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks very much
    I never knew there was a button there and had the laptop years.
    Must have caught it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad to know. I knew it would help someone someday :) Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  2. Me too! I'm giggling to myself that it was something so silly- but there's no way I would have worked that out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. You helped me too!!!

    ReplyDelete